Wednesday 26 August 2009

Moe struck gold!

The other day Moe decided to go through the stuff we keep in the garage. Not my kind of fun. We had two huge boxes with things from when I was living on my own. I guess that makes them just my things. In one box a mouse had found a warm place to live... and poop! Spiders and other not so nice creepy crawly bugs seemed to enjoy life there too. That box or its content never entered our house. The other one was full of magazines, Donald Duck ones mostly. And in the middle of hundreds and hundreds of magazines a few sheets of paper popped out. I was watching Moe as he was cleaning and searching through it all (I'd rather be cleaning the toilet than having to do with all the spiders and that). He pulled out the paper and handed it to me, and oh glorious heaven! He had just found the patterns for some knitted Christmas Elves that I've been looking for forever and ever. These patterns have been sitting between two Donald Duck magazines for years. Why? Dunno! Of course this little piece of gold was allowed into the house, and I can't wait to begin knitting those little guys and make clothes for them out of felt.

Ready for Christmas? I think so! :)

2 comments:

jeniffercox said...

Congrats on the find...I think my Mom had a pattern for those when I was little! :) I cast on for your stocking last night...

Karin aka Guin said...

Thanks, Jen! Don't you just luuuuve those little guys! :) Can't wait to see the stocking!