Saturday 8 August 2009

Rowan Lenpur Linen - Jada






I made this as a birthday present for my mother. Her birthday was in June, but since I got the Rowan magasine with the pattern June 7, well I just didn't manage to finish it in time. My mother got other presents, and I kept it a secret (or tried to - things and people sort of got in the way) until now. She seemed pleased with the result. Nice :)

The Lenpur Linen easily splits which makes it a bit of a pain to knit with. I do love both colour and texture, though. I made a size small for my mother. The pattern called for 8 balls of yarn for both size small AND medium. And get this: I ran out of yarn on the very last round!! I then had to 'tink' half a row back and then cast off. I weighed and measured this puppy more than once, and I still don't understand how anybody can make this with only 8 balls of yarn. You'll need more than 'good luck!' if you go for size medium. That's for sure.

Oh well, I'm just glad that my mother is a size small and that she likes it, and well, that I like it :)
I'm also glad that it's finished. I enjoyed knitting it but it was quite straining to make all those p2tog tbls. I would consider making another one for myself, though :)











A jumper for the headless woman ;)

2 comments:

Irene said...

Hvor er den flot! Smukt mønster og skøn farve. Kan godt forstå din mor blev glad :-)

Karin aka Guin said...

Tak, Irene :)