Monday 13 December 2010

Japan - I love you

Moe and I went with our dear friends, Jeremy, Hiroko and their son Tristan, to Japan. They left Denmark two weeks before us; they had family reunions to attend to, and we couldn't afford four weeks away from work. But during the two weeks we stayed in Japan we had the most fabulous time ever!! We visited a million places, saw temples, neon lights, weird food, strange costums and enjoyed every minute of it.


Japanese food - I don't know what any of it is...



Jeremy and I in Tokyo



Tokyo



The temple where Tristan finally had his temple-blessing-thingy done. Sorry, I don't know what it's called, and Hiroko didn't offer much help when I asked her ;)



And for those of you who might think that the Japanese are reserved and controlled at all times, well, let me say this: I have never ever felt so relaxed and enjoyed the company of strangers so much as I did in Japan. I love the Japanese for:

not shouting in the street
not letting their rubbish lying around in the street
being polite at all times
being cheerful
making wonderful food
for being considerate at all times
etc., etc., etc.

I want to go back - Moe is dreaming of a science fiction-like gate to Tokyo; you just go through straight to Tokyo. I'm not one to blame him :)

1 comment:

Tine said...

Det lyder da til at have været en helt fantastisk tur!
Jeg har også hørt flere omtale Japan som landet man er nødt til at besøge mere end en gang :-)
Så i må igang med at spare sammen til endnu en tur, med mindre du finder den hemmelige passage ;-)