Saturday 9 July 2011

Short-row cardi

What do you do, when your Lorna's Laces Sock yarn turn out horribly when turned into a sock? You give it to me... *ahem* OR you knit a short-row cardigan for a baby or toddler. The pattern the LLS yarn created was too much for lace socks - it sort of killed to lace pattern completely. So instead of throwing it away I thought it would be good to include a solid colour to keep the colour changes in the LLS yarn under control. And I think I've succeeded.

It's the same pattern I've used a couple of times before; there's something addictive about it. I don't know why - I mean, it's garter sts all the way from one end to the other. Maybe it's the stripes that does it.


Light mint Arwetta and purple/green/blue Lorna's Laces Sock on dpn 2.5 mm - 155 g in total.

2 comments:

Tine said...

Super smukke farver!
Og en rigtig fin kombination med det melerede garn og den ensfarvede.
Jeg syntes altså også at den model er super fin og absolut en man gerne gentager :-)

Unknown said...

Please tell me where to find this pattern, Guin. I think it is a pattern I used to knit years ago and lost. I would love to have it again! Thank you, Elizabeth