Tuesday 30 December 2008

Shibui Crock Socks

The LYS, Fandango, had this lovely Shibui yarn on sale and I couldn't risk that another costumer would go on a buy it, so that left my with no choice really. This semi-solid yarn deserved a not too wild pattern. To keep things a bit simple, I stuck with this pattern:

1st row: *k5, p1* repeat from * to *
2nd row: *k4, p2* repeat from * to *
3rd row: *k3, p3* repeat from * to *
4th row: *k2, p4* repeat from * to *
5th row: *k1, p5* repeat from * to *

The only thing you have to remember is to have a number of stitches that is divisible by 6.

I knit them within two days using the magic-loop method, needle size 2.5 mm. I'll never go back to dpnds :) The socks are for me and I reckon they will come in handy on our ski trip to Italy a few weeks from now. Nice and warm.... yeah....

I like them :)

No comments: