First of all I should let you know that I didn't know if I should write these words or not. But I decided that this blog is almost like a marriage; we share it all. So here goes.
More than anything I've been looking forward to 2009. Not because great things will happen in 2009 - though I'm sure they will - but because 2008 has been almost intolerable, I'm afraid.
Had it not been for good things such as knitting I would probably have lost my mind :)
From left to right in three rows:
1) Susanne eating a watermelon. I had to say goodbye to her when she passed away in March. We have done so many things together; worked together, lived together, traveled together, everything. It still breaks my heart that she's not here anymore.
2) Susanne's 2 and a half month old baby was baptised four days later; the party was canceled.
3) My granddad, and his common-law wife. My granddad - one of the best people I know - was diagnosed with parkinson's disease and now he is in constant pain.
4) My brother and his wife; well.... I had to cut them out of my life. They're just not good company.
5) My parents (on silly chairs in Italy) had a hard time too.
6) My co-workers and I after a relay with thousands of participants. It liftet my spirit.
7) A yarn shop in Paris. I had been looking forward to visit this shop - unfortunately it was closed even though the sign on the door said it was open!
8) Moe and I in the Eiffel Tower in Paris in November. It was a good trip and God knows we needed that.
9) My cousin with his newborn baby Smilla. In November Smilla died 9 weeks old. It crushed my family and nothing has been the same since.
10) My parents moved into their new apartment - a huge and fancy place. They deserve it. What a great view, huh?
11) Juster, one of my best friends, who I've known for ever and ever nearly lost his life in the beginning of December, when he had his tonsils removed. Luckily he survived.
12) Ravelry gave me a lot of good times in 2008, e.g. when I received a lovely selection of Christmas goodies in a swap. It made my day.
I'm sorry if I just ruined your otherwise good mood. I KNOW 2009 will be better - I promise!